Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)

What medications have been effective at treating your rheumatoid arthritis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Carin, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 21

I was diagnosed last October with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Since then I have been on the usual medicine prednisone, folic acid and anti-inflammatory medicines. I am taking Remicade in 4 sessions. My doctor put be on Celebrex which did nothing for pain. Pain is on the right side from the hip to groin to thigh, leg and foot. He finally gave me a prescription for oxycodone and I take that with ibuprofen. I swim twice a week and take short walks. Not much of an appetite but will eat and I weigh 122 lb. I have researched RA for hours but I don't think there is much more one can do.

Comment from: Babuvanaja, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 13

For my rheumatoid arthritis I take sulfasalazine 500 mg 2 tablet twice a day, glucosamine and chondroitin 2 tablet a day, omeprazole 20 mg 1 capsule a day, omega 3 fish oil capsule twice a day, Celebrex 200 mg one a day, Plaquenil 200 one a day, methotrexate 7.5 mg 1 tablet on Saturday, methotrexate 7.5 mg 1 tablet on Sunday, Folvite 1 tablet on Thursday, and I am drinking green tea once a day.

Comment from: Suzy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 18

Prednisone seems to work well for me but an ER doctor said weight gain is a factor.

Comment from: freebies, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 27

Prednisone has worked for my husband. He only takes 2 tablets a day. His side effects are dimmed eye sight and stomach upsets.

REFERENCE:

McInnes, I.B., and G. Schett. "Mechanisms of Disease: The Pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis." N Engl J Med 365 (2011): 2205-2219.