Could You Have COPD?
Learn symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment for this progressive pulmonary disorder that leads to lung and breathing problems
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Learn how rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affects the body. Common RA symptoms and signs include fatigue and joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. It can be caused by several viruses. The main types in the United States are A, B, and C.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Alopecia Areata: See a Picture of This Condition
- Brown Recluse Spider Bite: See a Picture of This Spider Bite
- Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease: See a Picture of This Condition
First Aid & Injuries Center
eMedicineHealth offers a wide array of first aid and emergency topics from cuts & wounds to broken bones to insect bites & stings. These include easy to read articles, slideshows, quizzes and visuals providing basic as well as in-depth treatment and procedures for injuries, first aid kits, CPR and more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the first aid related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Trending on eMedicineHealth
- Spondylosis: What Causes Lumbar Spondylosis?
- Necrotizing Fasciitis (Flesh-Eating Disease): What Are the Treatments of Flesh-Eating Bacteria?
- Colon Cancer : Signs and Symptoms of Colon Cancer (Bowel Cancer)
- Gallstones: What Can Happen if You Have Gallstones?
- Heat Exhaustion vs. Heat Stroke: What Are the Differences?
- Liver Blood Tests: Understand Normal and Abnormal AST and ALT
- Dehydration in Adults: What Causes Dehydration in Adults?
- Vaginal Infections (Vaginitis): Types of Vaginal Infection Medications
- Food Poisoning : Food Poisoning Symptoms and Remedies
- Swimmer's Ear: How To Get Rid of Swimmer's Ear
- Genital Warts (HPV Infection): Is Genital Warts (HPV) Contagious?
Featured Patient Discussions
- Flu in Adults: What treatments and medications helped to alleviate your flu symptoms?
- Strep Throat: Tell us your experience with strep throat
- Sinus Infection: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?
- Meningitis in Adults - What symptoms did you experience with meningitis?
- Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - How was the diagnosis of your pleurisy (pleuritis) established?