Fewer than one third of women hospitalized with
influenza receive the recommended flu vaccine
Migraine and Headache Triggers
What's the difference, surprising causes and how
to find relief with medication and treatment
Health News of the Week
Apples, Berries, and Tea: Flavanols Effective for BP Lowering?
HIV Drugs Prevent Type 2 Diabetes, May Be Path to New Therapy
Irritability in ADHD May Flag Suicide Risk
Novel Evidence Suggests Apathy Is a 'Prodrome' of Dementia
Nasal Test for Shrimp Allergy Safe and Predictive
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Learn how rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affects the body. Common RA symptoms and signs include fatigue and joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. It can be caused by several viruses. The main types in the United States are A, B, and C.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Alopecia Areata: See a Picture of This Condition
- Brown Recluse Spider Bite: See a Picture of This Spider Bite
- Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease: See a Picture of This Condition
First Aid & Injuries Center
eMedicineHealth offers a wide array of first aid and emergency topics from cuts & wounds to broken bones to insect bites & stings. These include easy to read articles, slideshows, quizzes and visuals providing basic as well as in-depth treatment and procedures for injuries, first aid kits, CPR and more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the first aid related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Trending on eMedicineHealth
- Flu Vaccine: How Effective Is the Flu Shot?
- COVID-19 vs. Flu: Is the Coronavirus More Severe Than the Flu?
- Rectal Pain: 9 Common Causes of Rectal Pain
- Anemia: Are There Different Types of Anemia?
- Birth Control: What Does Birth Control Do to Your Body?
- Spondylosis: What Causes Lumbar Spondylosis?
- Spinal Stenosis: What Is the Best Treatment for Spinal Stenosis?
- Fever in Adults: What Causes a Sudden Fever in Adults?
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating): What Causes Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating)?
- Labor Signs: What Are the First Signs of Early Labor?
- Skin Rash: What Is the Most Common Skin Rash?
Featured Patient Discussions
- Flu in Adults: What treatments and medications helped to alleviate your flu symptoms?
- Strep Throat: Tell us your experience with strep throat
- Sinus Infection: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?
- Meningitis in Adults - What symptoms did you experience with meningitis?
- Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - How was the diagnosis of your pleurisy (pleuritis) established?