Learn about types, symptoms, signs, and treatment
options for this debilitating mental illness
Health News of the Week
Brief CBT Lifesaving, Cost-Effective for Suicidal Crises
First US Center for Psychedelic Research a 'Game Changer'
Proton Pump Inhibitors Linked to Gastroenteritis
US Life Expectancy Down, Deaths Among Young Largely to Blame
Drug-Resistant Infections More Likely With Devices Than Surgery
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Learn how rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affects the body. Common RA symptoms and signs include fatigue and joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. It can be caused by several viruses. The main types in the United States are A, B, and C.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Alopecia Areata: See a Picture of This Condition
- Brown Recluse Spider Bite: See a Picture of This Spider Bite
- Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease: See a Picture of This Condition
First Aid & Injuries Center
eMedicineHealth offers a wide array of first aid and emergency topics from cuts & wounds to broken bones to insect bites & stings. These include easy to read articles, slideshows, quizzes and visuals providing basic as well as in-depth treatment and procedures for injuries, first aid kits, CPR and more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the first aid related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Trending on eMedicineHealth
- HIV/AIDS: Doctor's Notes on HIV/AIDS Symptoms and Signs
- Spondylosis: What Causes Lumbar Spondylosis?
- Flu Shot: Why Are There a New Flu Shot Each Year?
- Rectal Bleeding: What Are the Causes of Rectal Bleeding?
- Jaundice: How to Treat Jaundice
- Gallstones: What Can Happen if You Have Gallstones?
- Nephrotic Syndrome: Is Nephrotic Syndrome Curable?
- Sciatica Pain: How to Relieve Sciatic Nerve Pain
- Dandruff: How to Get Rid of Dandruff
- Liver Blood Tests: Normal and Abnormal AST and ALT
- High Red Blood Cell Count: Symptoms and Signs of High Red Blood Cell Count
Featured Patient Discussions
- Flu in Adults: What treatments and medications helped to alleviate your flu symptoms?
- Strep Throat: Tell us your experience with strep throat
- Sinus Infection: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?
- Meningitis in Adults - What symptoms did you experience with meningitis?
- Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - How was the diagnosis of your pleurisy (pleuritis) established?