Could You Have COPD?
Learn symptoms, diagnosis and treatment for this progressive pulmonary disorder that leads to lung and breathing problems
Health News of the Week
Noninvasive, Low Cost CGM for Type 2 Diabetes Coming in US and EU
U.S. Breaks Records for COVID Hospitalizations
Blood Glucose on Admission Predicts COVID-19 Severity in All
Holiday Depression: 10 Triggers That Cause Holiday Blues
COVID-19 Vaccination Could Start December 11
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Learn how rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affects the body. Common RA symptoms and signs include fatigue and joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. It can be caused by several viruses. The main types in the United States are A, B, and C.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Alopecia Areata: See a Picture of This Condition
- Brown Recluse Spider Bite: See a Picture of This Spider Bite
- Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease: See a Picture of This Condition
First Aid & Injuries Center
eMedicineHealth offers a wide array of first aid and emergency topics from cuts & wounds to broken bones to insect bites & stings. These include easy to read articles, slideshows, quizzes and visuals providing basic as well as in-depth treatment and procedures for injuries, first aid kits, CPR and more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the first aid related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Trending on eMedicineHealth
- Stool Color Changes: What Does the Color of Your Stool Mean?
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Test: Is Your C-Reactive Protein Low?
- Anatomy of the Endocrine System: How Does the Endocrine System Function?
- Viagra vs. Levitra: Is Levitra Better Than Viagra?
- Coffee Benefits: How Is Coffee Healthy? 9 Reasons
- Premature Ejaculation: How Can I Cure Premature Ejaculation?
- Skin Rash: How Do I Identify A Rash?
- Vitamin D: What Are the Health Benefits of Taking Vitamin D?
- Belly Fat: How Do I Reduce My Belly Fat Quickly?
- How to Get Rid of Love Handles: What Is the Best Exercise to Get Rid of Love Handles?
- Quit Smoking: What Happens If You Suddenly Stop Smoking?
Featured Patient Discussions
- Flu in Adults: What treatments and medications helped to alleviate your flu symptoms?
- Strep Throat: Tell us your experience with strep throat
- Sinus Infection: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?
- Meningitis in Adults - What symptoms did you experience with meningitis?
- Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - How was the diagnosis of your pleurisy (pleuritis) established?