HIV and AIDS
What is HIV vs. AIDS? Is there a cure? Discover myths
and facts about this virus that attacks the immune system
Health News of the Week
Diabetes Duration Linked to Increasing Heart Failure Risk
83% of US Athletes at Tokyo Games Fully Vaccinated
No Link Between Childhood Vaccinations and Allergies or Asthma
J&J Vaccine Less Effective Against Variants
Prevalence of Dementia Before Age 65 Much Higher Than Expected
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Learn how rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affects the body. Common RA symptoms and signs include fatigue and joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. It can be caused by several viruses. The main types in the United States are A, B, and C.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Alopecia Areata: See a Picture of This Condition
- Brown Recluse Spider Bite: See a Picture of This Spider Bite
- Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease: See a Picture of This Condition
First Aid & Injuries Center
eMedicineHealth offers a wide array of first aid and emergency topics from cuts & wounds to broken bones to insect bites & stings. These include easy to read articles, slideshows, quizzes and visuals providing basic as well as in-depth treatment and procedures for injuries, first aid kits, CPR and more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the first aid related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Trending on eMedicineHealth
- Monkeypox: What Are Signs and Symptoms of Monkeypox?
- Rectal Bleeding: When Should You Worry About Rectal Bleeding?
- Knee Pain: How Do I Know If My Knee Pain Is Serious?
- Creatinine Blood Test: What Are Symptoms of High Creatinine Levels?
- COVID-19 Delta Variant: What Are the Symptoms of the COVID-19 Delta Variant?
- Heat Stroke Symptoms: What Are the Signs of Heat Stroke?
- Necrotizing Fasciitis (Flesh-Eating Disease): What Causes Necrotizing Fasciitis (Flesh-Eating Disease)?
- Psoriasis Rash: What Does a Psoriasis Rash Look Like?
- Psoriatic Arthritis: Does Psoriatic Arthritis Affect Elbows?
- Types of Psoriasis: What Are the Types of Psoriasis?
- Scalp Psoriasis vs. Dandruff: What Are the Differences?