Migraine Drug Approved
The FDA has approved Ajovy, a new
drug for migraine prevention in adults
Dementia and Alzheimer's
We all have some bad habits, but some of these bad habits
can harm your brain health. See 13 bad brain habits to avoid
Health News of the Week
Psoriasis/Psoriatic Arthritis Tied to Increased Diabetes Risk
Device for Treatment of Acute Coronary Artery Perforations
Clinicians Advised to Prep for 'Huge Challenge' From Hurricane Florence
Healthy Midlife Diet May Preserve Memory, Prevent Mental Illness
Hospitals Band Together to Manufacture Essential Generic Drugs
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Learn how rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affects the body. Common RA symptoms and signs include fatigue and joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. It can be caused by several viruses. The main types in the United States are A, B, and C.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Alopecia Areata: See a Picture of This Condition
- Brown Recluse Spider Bite: See a Picture of This Spider Bite
- Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease: See a Picture of This Condition
First Aid & Injuries Center
eMedicineHealth offers a wide array of first aid and emergency topics from cuts & wounds to broken bones to insect bites & stings. These include easy to read articles, slideshows, quizzes and visuals providing basic as well as in-depth treatment and procedures for injuries, first aid kits, CPR and more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the first aid related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Trending on eMedicineHealth
- Brown Recluse Spider Bite: What Kind of Spider Bite Is This?
- West Nile Virus: Symptoms and Signs of West Nile Virus
- Liver Blood Tests: Normal and Abnormal AST and ALT
- Enlarged Prostate: What Are the Symptoms of Enlarged Prostate?
- Hepatitis B: Can a Person Be Cured of Hepatitis B?
- Swollen Lymph Glands: What Causes Lymph Nodes to Swell?
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS): What Causes Ankylosing Spondylitis?
- Hemoglobin Levels: What Does High Hemoglobin Mean?
- Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis): What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Pinkeye?
- Gallstones: What Can Happen if You Have Gallstones?
- Gallbladder Attack: Where Is Gallbladder Pain?
Featured Patient Discussions
- Flu in Adults: What treatments and medications helped to alleviate your flu symptoms?
- Strep Throat: Tell us your experience with strep throat
- Sinus Infection: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?
- Meningitis in Adults - What symptoms did you experience with meningitis?
- Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - How was the diagnosis of your pleurisy (pleuritis) established?