Psoriatic arthritis usually develops 5 to 12 years after psoriasis begins.
Learn about types, causes, symptoms, and treatment
Health News of the Week
Nearly 1 in 4 Antibiotic Rx Still Inappropriate in US
Short Supply, Cost of Key Drugs Leave Hospitals Scrambling
FDA Clears Epilepsy Smartwatch for Use in Kids
Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea Found in 2 U.K. Women
Rare Antibiotic-Resistant Infection Found in Wyoming Patient
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Learn how rheumatoid arthritis (RA) affects the body. Common RA symptoms and signs include fatigue and joint pain, stiffness, and swelling.
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. It can be caused by several viruses. The main types in the United States are A, B, and C.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Alopecia Areata: See a Picture of This Condition
- Brown Recluse Spider Bite: See a Picture of This Spider Bite
- Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease: See a Picture of This Condition
First Aid & Injuries Center
eMedicineHealth offers a wide array of first aid and emergency topics from cuts & wounds to broken bones to insect bites & stings. These include easy to read articles, slideshows, quizzes and visuals providing basic as well as in-depth treatment and procedures for injuries, first aid kits, CPR and more.
See the complete A-Z list of all the first aid related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Trending on eMedicineHealth
- Hemoglobin A1c Test: Do You Need to Fast for a Hemoglobin A1c Blood Test?
- Frostbite: What Is the Best Way to Treat Frostbite?
- Vertigo: How Do You Stop Vertigo?
- Cholesterol Levels: Find Out What the Numbers Mean
- Shoulder Separation: What Are Symptoms of Shoulder Separation?
- High Blood Pressure: Can Anxiety Make Your Blood Pressure Go Up?
- Endocrine System: How Does the Endocrine System Function?
- Low Potassium: What Are Synptoms of Low Potassium?
- Alzheimer's Disease: What Are the Symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease?
- Spondylosis: What Causes Spondylosis?
- Ebola Virus Disease: What Are the Symptoms of Ebola Virus Disease?
Featured Patient Discussions
- Flu in Adults: What treatments and medications helped to alleviate your flu symptoms?
- Strep Throat: Tell us your experience with strep throat
- Sinus Infection: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?
- Meningitis in Adults - What symptoms did you experience with meningitis?
- Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - How was the diagnosis of your pleurisy (pleuritis) established?