Gastrointestinal Endoscopy - Preparation

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Endoscopy.
Please describe your experience with gastrointestinal endoscopy preparation.

I have had an endoscopy done before but needed to have this done again because of stomach issues. I had it last Wednesday, and I felt fine after though very tired but good. By Thursday I had developed gas pain around my left shoulder, and pain down into the stomach. She found a hiatal hernia and lots of inflammation. I have been up every night from 3:00 not able to sleep, and this is the 7th day with these gas pains. I am so done feeling this way, I am calling the doctor today..

After the endoscopy to test an esophageal node I had pain in my chest and felt like I had cracked ribs. When taking a breath it hurt like an injury inside. Now I have an infection in my chest and am wheezing. .