Drug Overdose - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Drug Overdose.
What happened when you experienced a drug overdose?

(Optional)

I overdosed on my prescribed medication only a week ago, it was deliberate and by the time the ambulance came I was coughing up blood! I'd never done it before and would never do it again as I was so shocked and ashamed for being so selfish. But I don't know how I got to this dark place! It happened so quickly! I woke up with tubes everywhere, very frightening and I'm still in shock. Worse still was what my family members went through; they didn't think I'd make it. I've seen my doctor and am now getting help to have a more positive life. Mindfulness will help me a lot as I have mental health issues and can't do it on my own..

I tried to commit suicide by taking overdose of 100 mg of Herbesser capsules. Though I was taken to the hospital and got treated for the same, I have a fear that my kidneys and liver are damaged. I would like to know how to get rid of the remaining poison out of my system. I was given activated charcoal at the hospital and I vomited several times. But still I am really afraid..