Gallstones - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gallstones.
What was the treatment for your gallstones?

I was diagnosed in 2009 with gallstones after eating lots of white chocolate followed by a horrendous night of pain. Advice was to remove gallbladder or change diet. I opted to change and monitor my diet. However, I was not as vigilant. After 5 more extremely painful episodes, I realized that vomiting eased the symptoms within half an hour but was not a sustainable solution. The last episode in 2013 was so awful that I changed my diet radically, cutting out all fatty foods, oils, spicy dishes, etc. and I am pleased to state that I have not had another incident..

This cleanse treatment never worked at all. I tried to drink apple juice for 1 week, I made it as my regular drinking water but sad to say the gallstones never melted. In my second ultrasound the stones sizes is the same that's why my family decided to schedule me for operation. The operation is safe. Open cholecystectomy is almost free if you are a member of PhilHealth. If you want to have a faster recovery, say in 7 days you can eat your regular diet and walk and do light things, go for laparoscopic cholecystectomy..