Panic Attacks - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Panic Attacks.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your panic attacks?

(Optional)

Honestly I believe in the principle of 'prevention is better than cure.' So, I prefer doing the following pro-actively to avoid panic attacks: Concentrating on breath as soon as I get onto bed to sleep (an easy way to avoid thinking about the day and getting into sleep mode). Removing social media apps from my mobile phone (If this is not feasible, then at least try to turn off the notifications from such apps including email notifications). Listening to my favorite songs after morning workout. Reading religious books after dinner. Seeking professional help. Interacting with my best friend at least once or twice a day..

I have had panic disorder for 16 years. I have found that I cause my panic attacks by the way I am thinking (negatively). It took a long time to come to this conclusion. I was prescribed Xanax initially, along with therapy. The therapy has been the most helpful (talking, journaling, etc.). When I feel overwhelmed, the anti-anxiety meds help. I watch what I think and what I say. I have taken words like "worst," "horrible," etc., out of my vocabulary so that I can talk myself down. For example, "This may not feel very good, but it will go away." My panic attacks now last a few seconds at most. I grew up in an abusive home and discovered that the little girl in me needs to be loved and accepted. I try to make time for me every day: taking a bath, journaling, walking, working out, etc. These things help immensely with my self-esteem. I am still working on my agoraphobia now. I keep pushing the edge because I want to be totally free. The last thing I have to conquer is flying and driving alone. It's hard, but it feels so liberating when I succeed!.