Endometriosis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Endometriosis.
What was the treatment for your endometriosis?

(Optional)

I suffered from endometriosis for 1 year and basically got cured by Fuyan pill, a kind of traditional Chinese medicine. Holding the attitude of trying, and insisting on taking the 2 courses, there was an obvious improvement in the disease. Then I insisted on taking it for 3 months and I have been cured successfully. It produces results a little slower, but it's mild and less harmful to people's health..

I was diagnosed with endometriosis after I gave birth to my 1st daughter. My options were birth control or surgery. I tried IUD (intrauterine device) birth control first. It was painful and my guess was because the IUD was hitting the endometrium. So I got that taken out and scheduled surgery. It was a scary experience for me. Before the surgery they have you meet some nurses, your doctor, and the anesthesiologist. The anesthesiologist’s assistant came in and gave me some kind of relaxing medicine through my IV. It worked so well I don't even remember getting put under the anesthesia and the next thing I know I’m in recovery. I was 24 when I got the surgery. I actually just had the surgery 2 days ago. My symptoms are chest pain, shoulder pain, and back pain from the gas they fill you up with. My abdomen hurts because of the incisions obviously, but the worst is the gas pain. I have been taking Gasex, oxycodone, and 800 milligram of ibuprofen. Everything hurts when I get up to walk but you are supposed to get up because it helps get rid of the gas. I had 4 incisions, two on the left abdomen, one on the right abdomen, and one through my belly button. They sealed it off with medical glue. I don’t have much of an appetite, and it hurts to urinate a little. Eating even small portions of food will make you bloat even more than it already is. I am on day 2 post operation, in pain, but not too much pain. I am hoping I will get better soon and that at least most of my endometrial pain will be gone. Hope this helps anyone who is considering the surgery. And remember everyone is different and my experience might not be yours. Just wanted to give you all a heads up on what you could go through. The surgery is not always as bad as it seems, trust me, I was terrified but for no reason..