Gout - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gout.
Please describe your experience with gout.

(Optional)

Published: December 15

I had C5, C6 and C7 fused. A week later gout started in my big toe and foot. Horrible pain. I can't take anti-inflammatories because of neck surgery, so doctors are giving me narcotics to relieve pain (doesn't work very well). It is now moving to my ankle. Also, I developed cellulitis, which caused a giant blister on top of my foot, which doctor had to drain. This is the worst pain ever. I'm taking the preventive medication, but it doesn't really do anything either..

I have constant tingling feeling in my left foot for the last one year because of gout. It started after I was discharged from hospital where I was admitted for breathing problem. Presently my veins from big toe and second toe leg joint with foot are having uncomfortable tingling feelings, but I can walk normally. I am 75 years of age and my triple bypass surgery was carried out in 2004. I also underwent Leiomyoma surgery in 2008. Presently I am having atrial fibrillation problem too. But I am comfortable having a good retired life..