Colitis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Colitis (Symptoms, Types, and Treatments).
What was the treatment for your colitis?

(Optional)

I was hospitalized for 4 days with colitis. Tests showed it was viral, no bacterial. I was so dehydrated, my heart was acting strange. They immediately put me on two IVs, Cipro and Flagyl. I'm home now, one week later with 4 different pills prescribed. I am still on the antibiotics, I am also on potassium and magnesium 3 times a day. I have no energy. The medications are causing diarrhea but I have to let that run its course.This is one of the most miserable illnesses of my life..

My doctor first sent me to a hematologist in an attempt to find out what was causing my diarrhea and weight loss. After several blood tests and CT scans he finally concluded I had some form of chronic disease and sent me for a colonoscopy. That was December 28, 2014. Seems there was some injury to the colon as it was extremely thin. After recovering from that test, I was greeted by a surgeon who said he must operate immediately to repair the colon. So far no one has told me what type of colitis I have..