Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu) - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu).
What caused your Stomach Flu?

(Optional)

Published: December 15

The stomach flu hit me around 3.30 pm on a Friday, and now on Monday I can finally eat some crackers and drinking Gatorade. The stomach cramps the first two days were unreal, never have I felt pain like that and I have a decent threshold for pain. Now on day 4 the cramps are minor and my belly is a little sore. I had diarrhea for the entire time but never crazy out of control. Now I'm noticing it is a dark green color which says that the bacteria is finally making its way out. Good luck to anyone that gets this as I wouldn't wish it on anyone!.

Published: April 28

I've had ulcerative colitis since I was about 39; 28 years ago. Symptoms come and go. My last colonoscopy 3 years ago showed moderate colitis. Four days ago I ate some Thai food a woman brought to work that she sells and donates the money to her Thai church. It was delicious, a little spicy, by the end of the day my stomach was killing me. The next day it still hurt and all my joints and back were hurting a lot. I called in sick the next day and made myself hot water with cut up ginger root in it, a lot. Later that day the diarrhea started, eventually like liquid. I called in sick today, went to the doctor, and they gave me an IV. I had some soup, mashed potatoes, and water. Every time more liquid diarrhea. I wonder if all this ginger can be dangerous. I'm scared; due for a colonoscopy in a few weeks. .