Pain - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Chronic Pain.
Please describe your experience with pain.

(Optional)

I have 4 broken bones that I had surgery for, but it has not helped and they still give me a lot of problems. I was given oxycodone, which is what I took (even after surgery) for my pain and it works. I have many broke bones from past that still give me a lot of trouble. Unforgivably my surgeon moved to Texas. I also have a bulging disc in my lower back and severe migraines. I took many different pain pills and the only thing that works is oxycodone, dosage of which I am not sure. It gave me life back instead of living in pain. Now I am staying in bed 24/7, because of the pain I can't move or get up from bed. I just can't bear it any longer. I don't usually ask for help but the pain has gotten unbearable, I have no life but living in bed. I just want to be able to live again..

I was a hospital housekeeper for 9 years. The use of your arms was continuous, lifting, pulling, paying etc., not to mention walking a concrete floor 8 hours a day! I'm retired now and my arms pain daily along with shoulders and neck, and I have sciatica. Right now I take 2 Aleve twice a day but it just takes the edge off the pain. I am worried if my pain will continue for the rest of my life..