Chronic Kidney Disease - Prognosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease.
What is your chronic kidney disease prognosis?

(Optional)

My prognosis for chronic kidney disease (CKD) is glomerulonephritis. I did not notice this. I am not diabetic. I have had a high blood pressure as a result of my kidney disease, but high blood pressure must have not caused my CKD. CKD also causes hypertension like it does vice versa. Earlier this year I had a kidney biopsy done in a hospital near me. When I saw my nephrologist in June this year, she showed me the biopsy and showed my cells of my kidneys were dying. Glomerulonephritis is what I saw from the result of my biopsy, the cause of my chronic kidney disease. Glomerulonephritis is the third leading cause of chronic kidney disease after diabetes and hypertension. Glomerulonephritis has an acute and a chronic form, I probably have the latter. I am also reading that glomerulonephritis can have kidney disease advance to kidney failure, so I am preparing myself accordingly. I have stage 3 CKD. And yes, I do know that even on kidney failure it isn't a death sentence and with proper treatment one can still enjoy their life doing what they love and live many years. I have no one in my family that I know of on a kidney disease..

Published: March 28

I was diagnosed in May 2016 with stage 4 chronic kidney disease. I am a 13 year kidney cancer survivor. My kidney function has been watched for some time. I knew I would eventually end up on the kidney transplant waiting list and that is where I am. I am tired all the time (still working full time), have brain fog, foaming urine, get up multiples times at night for the bathroom. I also experience lower back pain, hiccups and itching. My current GFR (glomerular filtration rate) is 15 and creatinine 3.0. I am living each day waiting for a living kidney donor..