Oral Herpes - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Oral Herpes.
What were the symptoms and signs of your oral herpes?

We had a lot of extended family living with us, and at night there was a lot of food and love, and after 2 days some of us noticed some tingling in our lips. After the 3rd day some of us started breaking out; we thought it was just spots on our lips but my uncle who had what we thought was a spot on his lip said sometimes people can catch it. My mother and father had it the worst, with big sores on their lips. My mother couldn't speak because of the pain but she doesn't usually speak much anyway. She wanted to go to the doctor but didn't. I was told by the chemist that I should take Zovirax so I bought a few tubes of it for the rest of my family..

I got oral HSV1 and genital HSV1. I took Advil for the fever, drank plenty of fluids, and my urgent care doctor cured it. I spent almost the entire month of January inside and away from people because I was so depressed over my diagnosis. Then I went to my obstetrician/gynecologist and she told me that with the right care and vitamins there was still a chance that reoccurring outbreaks could be very rare if at all. I've only had one outbreak since then and it was one sore in my mouth. I still get upset but when I evaluate my life I realize (in my situation) it's manageable. I just have to pay close attention to my body for outbreaks, take extra care of myself in the sun or stressful situations, and if I do have an outbreak, be sure to watch that people don't eat or drink after me to protect them from contracting it..