Allergic Reaction - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Allergic Reaction.
Please describe your experience with an allergic reaction.

(Optional)

Published: June 05

I wasn't feeling well 2 nights ago. Hubby bought a pack of Decolgen, I took 1 and went to bed. I got up at 4.30 am the next day and wasn't feeling well, took 1 tablet of the Decolgen. In the meantime, the skin on my back of my thigh felt itchy. I used moisturizer as I thought it was due to dry skin. Later in the morning I noticed rashes all over my legs, hands and body. I saw the doctor yesterday morning and said that if it is due to allergy it should subside within 24 hours. Last night, the sole of my left foot swelled and my hands and body joints got very stiff and painful, especially the left side of the body. This morning swelling of the sole has gone off but stiffness and pain whilst walking is still there. I am resting now and trying to drink a lot of liquid (flush out the medicine). Hopefully, I will be ok by tonight!.

I have allergies, sneezing, itchy eyes, etc., but I also have a severe allergic reaction to something that occurs in the fall. The most recent attack began with hives around my eyes. Later I began to feel dizzy and ran into a few things in the house. That was followed by severe dizziness and feelings of vertigo. Next I began to sweat profusely and asked my daughter to help me to the bathroom. I was nauseated and my bowels evacuated involuntarily. I was still dizzy, but felt better after bowel movement. My daughter left, but about 5:00 am the next morning, all of the symptoms were back and I was scared. I had my phone and was able to call my neighbor who called an ambulance. My neighbor told them it was anaphylactic shock. When EMTs (emergency medical technicians) arrived, they said they had never heard of my symptoms as part of anaphylactic shock and when I got to the emergency room, they said the same thing and gave me a prescription for anti-nausea medicine and an anti-dizziness prescription. What did I say wrong!.