Food Poisoning - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Food Poisoning.
Please describe your experience with food poisoning.

(Optional)

Do not buy the packaged salads from the deli department of the grocery store! You have zero idea on how sanitary the preparation was! I ate the salad and by the next day my stomach felt like it had a bowling ball inside! By that night the runs began and continued all night until I was empty. Along with shivers and headache it was horrible, and messy. Lesson learned: buy your own salad ingredients and wash them yourself!.

I had diarrhea the day before I got the terrible stomach pain and vomiting from food poisoning. I've never vomited more than once before. Usually I vomit and then feel better. This time I vomited 7 times over the span of 10 hours. The pain was crazy! Then I had leg and buttock cramps. I took ibuprofen and kept drinking as much water as I could. After two days of this I felt better, although I was still weak and my abdomen was sore from all the vomiting..