Vaginal Bleeding - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vaginal Bleeding.
What caused your vaginal bleeding?

Published: March 11

My mom is at the age of 50 now. Six months back, she had vaginal bleeding and we consulted the doctor. She had undergone an operation in which the uterus was removed. After six months now again she is getting bleeding. Ultrasound scan report says no adnexal mass and no fluid. Urine test report says urinary infection..

I have always suffered from a heavy and irregular period. I had my first and only child in 2015. A couple months after, I got the Mirena. It was great and I had no period. Foolishly I decided to get it removed. Once removed I had no period still. I got my first period months later and it did not stop. I went to the obstetrician/gynecologist after 6 months of being on my period. I had a vaginal ultrasound and everything came back normal. I also had blood work done and my hemoglobin was low (6.0). I was put on birth control to stop the bleeding. I was on it for an entire year. I did not go back for a refill and a couple months later got my first period since and it was not stopping. I went to see the obstetrician/gynecologist to be safe and prevent becoming anemic as I did the last time. I since then had an ultra sound, hormone blood work and an endometrial biopsy done. The biopsy was done as a result of my endometrial lining being too thick (18 mm). The only result I got was that my testosterone level is a little elevated. I am bleeding heavier since the biopsy. At first it was just spotting for a couple weeks, but now it is going to be a month and seems like I am bleeding more and more. I did get on birth control that I was on before and it has not stopped my period. It did for a couple days, but I had the biopsy done and was spotting after that. After a couple weeks of spotting the bleeding has gotten more intense. I have terrible cramps and a lot of blood cloths. I have taken the pill everyday on time. I don't understand why this is happening. I have an appointment on Friday. I am afraid of waiting too long for whatever this may be. I am tired emotionally and physically..