Ovarian Cysts - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ovarian Cysts.
What symptoms did you experience when you have/had ovarian cyst(s)?

Since March 2017 had back pain radiating to groin and leg associated with vomiting. I had several episodes every few weeks. I went to the doctors who thought it could be irritable bowel syndrome! Two months ago I got rushed into hospital with abdominal pain and vomiting. I had CT and ultrasound scan and was told I had a 10 cm mass on my left ovary. I’m 58 and five years post-menopause. I was told it was a tubo-ovarian abscess. I was pumped full of antibiotics for a week and sent home with oral antibiotics having been told they wanted things to settle down and they would see me back in 6 weeks. I read tubo-ovarian abscess is very rare in post-menopausal women. I went for second opinion privately who did MRI scan and was told I had a borderline ovarian tumor. I funded operation privately. I had total hysterectomy and was told post operation the cyst had twisted and I had a black necrotic ovary! If I had been left to mid-November for follow up at NHS hospital I would have been extremely unwell with peritonitis. I was told I should have had emergency surgery when originally I went to the NHS hospital. How bad is that!.

I am almost 2 years out from total hysterectomy leaving in both ovaries. Back several months I started having painful intercourse (similar to endometriosis pain before surgery). I ignored it. Until the pain got so intense I couldn't stand it and it never stopped. Pain radiated in my back, down my thighs, I felt bloated, gassy and constipated, had frequent urination, and was exhausted all the time. After my pelvic exam I had an ultrasound which shows 2 small cysts and only right ovary is visible. I'm waiting for my doctor to consult with a specialist now and tell me what's next. I have family history of uterine, ovarian and kidney cancers, all in young maternal aunts..