Menopause - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Menopause (Symptoms, Remedies, and Treatment Medications).
What symptoms have you experienced with menopause?

Published: March 07

I am a 55 year old female who never had a regular period; I would have one for 3 days for 2 months and then not have one for a year or so. I took fertility drugs and had two children. They said my LSH and FSH levels were backwards. I got pregnant for my third child at 35 without any fertility drugs. I was on Depo-Provera for almost 20 years and stopped it four months ago. They said my FSH levels say I am post-menopausal. Due to the Depo I haven't had a period in almost 20 years. I have had urinary incontinence for the last few years, hot flashes for the past few weeks that last for at least 5 minutes apiece, and a brownish discharge for at least a month. If I am post-menopausal I wonder why all this is happening now, but get no answers..

Looks like I'm one of the lucky ones. A few hot flashes a day but they don't really bother me. Maybe I am more emotional than I used to be but on the whole no big deal at all. Gone a year without a period now so I'm guessing that's the menopause done. So if you're worrying about going through it after reading all the horror stories on here please stop as you could have it easy too..