Lung Cancer - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Lung Cancer.
What symptoms and signs did you experience with your lung cancer?

Published: June 06

My child’s symptoms of lung cancer are shortness of breath, night sweats, chest pain and frequent coughing. However, not everyone as a whole percentage of patients experience all of these symptoms, they may not know how painful it feels as others. Some, have very mild cases of lung cancer which doesn't cause much impact on their lungs as others may. With having my child with lung cancer, I haven't been in the brightest mood, and my child has been slowly dying which is very heart-wrenching. If I put myself in my child's shoes I wouldn't know how to handle such a case myself. I am a parent of 2 children but one died during birth..

We don't have confirmation of lung cancer yet as my 57 year old husband is going to CT scan on 23rd September. He went to the general physician (GP) as he had lost around 20 pounds in weight since beginning of summer and over the past 4 to 6 weeks some drastic muscle wasting. He wouldn't go to the doctors so I basically made the appointment and forced him. He said GP sent for bloodwork and referred to an oncologist. He doesn't have any other symptoms, just occasional whistle sound when he sleeps. I am more worried than he is and he just dismisses anything serious!.