Smoke Inhalation - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Smoke Inhalation.
What was the treatment for your smoke inhalation?

(Optional)

Published: June 25

I'm still unsure how my smoke inhalation was treated. I was told when I woke up in the Intensive care unit, I was one lucky man, the doctor said that I am meant to be here, and he is glad he studied medicine. I was put on oxygen, and injected with morphine whilst in hospital, then when I was discharged was given steroids and asthma puffers. Three years on and I am now on a CPAP machine and have also been told that I need an oxygen concentrator!.

We moved into a house that had been renovated after a fire, my daughter’s bedroom has a cubby hole under the stairs, and they just put Kilz on it and painted. Now even 3 years later her room smells like electrical rubber burning and I am concerned for her health. She is very sick lately, she will not sleep upstairs and I do not know how to fix this other than ripping walls and tearing the stairs out..