Uterine Fibroids - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Uterine Fibroids.
What are your symptoms of uterine fibroid?

(Optional)

I am a 28 year old African American female who was diagnosed with uterine fibroids by my gynecologist in 2011 (24 years old at the time). In 2011 I had the uterine artery embolization procedure which helped tremendously with the amount of bleeding I would have (not to gross you out but I would go through an ultra-sized tampon in 2 hours during the first few days of my menstrual cycle) due to the heavy bleeding. It took about 3 weeks to recover and I stayed in the hospital for only 1 day and was home the next. It was painful and I could not stand on my own for long periods of time for a couple of weeks. For symptoms, I have experienced urinary frequency (mostly at night during sleep where I would have to wake up just to go), bloating (recent), mood swings, leakage (recent), heavy bleeding, and abdominal pain/aching. I was blessed to conceive and give birth to my son in 2014 (after surgery) and now plan to meet with my obstetrician/gynecologist to discuss a myomectomy..

I am 51 1/2. I have had fibroids for the past 10 years. I had a cryoablation and D and C and nothing helped. I finally went on Junel 3 years ago, as a last resort before hysterectomy (which I don't want). It seemed to work just fine until last month when I had very heavy bleeding, and it felt like fire in my abdomen. I had 2 Junel a day for 10 days which staved off the heavy bleeding, but I have been bleeding on and off since 8/5; not super heavy but still have to wear 3 overnight pads each day for fear of a huge mess like before. I am told I look like a 4 month pregnancy and have all the same symptoms of that, back pain, frequent urination etc. I am now seeing doctor number 2 hoping for a noninvasive way to control the bleeding!.