Mercury Poisoning - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Mercury Poisoning.
What symptoms prompted you to seek medical care for your mercury poisoning? Please describe your experience.

I have had exposure to vaporized mercury from an unfiltered crematorium for a period of three years. The doctor refused to test me for anything. I am experiencing kidney failure, and I went to my nephrologist for kidney test which showed my GFR dropped from 60 to 49 in 4 months. I had severe insomnia, burning/stinging in mouth, and metallic taste in mouth. All body secretions smell the same, like what I inhaled, including sweat. Horrible, tongue coated in yellow personally, and on my animals also. No tests confirmed anything at this writing except for kidney failure..

Published: June 21

My symptoms of mercury poisoning included 10 years of a feeling on my skin of biting, stinging and itching all over my body, which was so bad at night I couldn't ever sleep. I would also wake up covered in small red and purple dots or spots on my skin, so I'd assumed I'd been bitten in the night by a small insect. I spent years washing excessively, my bedclothes, soft furnishing, clothes, thinking that it was something in my environment causing the itching like mites or some sort of insect. However, I changed my diet to an alkaline diet, drank lots of sodium bicarbonate to alkalize my system and I had my mercury fillings taken out and replaced with a white resin substitute (which was expensive). The symptoms have now disappeared by 99 percent. It is only very slight now. After much research I discovered that mercury toxicity can cause 'formication’ which is a feeling of itching, biting, stinging. etc., on the skin with small red or purple spots on the skin. My general physician misdiagnosed me with delusional parasitosis and for years I suffered with the symptoms before I discovered it may be mercury poisoning, as I'd had 10 mercury fillings in my mouth. I have since got rid of the symptoms, and I put this down to having my fillings out..