Dizziness - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dizziness.
What caused your dizziness?

(Optional)

I have been suffering from dizzy spells and lightheadedness for approximately 7 years. It can happen anytime when I get up after lying down, although it is particularly bad when I’m exercising. I hydrate well and lead a very healthy lifestyle. I have been a little stressed from time to time and over the last few years I do get a little anxious. I’ve only had one blackout which was about 7 or 8 years ago. I’ve had wax removed from my ears twice over this period and this has not helped. I’ve had a heart monitor fitted and my heart is strong, my blood pressure is 120/80. I have now been referred to an ENT and I hope to discover the cause of this very unpleasant feeling..

About two weeks ago I fell over and sprained my ankle, and since then I have started feeling dizzy. The other Saturday I had to come out of the shop due to the dizziness though the pain in my ankle was causing some of it while trying to walk on it. It is like a sharp searing pain in my foot, and since then I have been dizzy regularly. I do have the tinnitus noise which could be causing this as well. I have taken ibuprofen tablets which seem to have helped, but I do know this is not a cure. I am wondering if falling down really hard could've caused the dizziness..