Headache - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Headache (Mild).
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your headache?

(Optional)

Published: December 28

I've had episodes of extreme headaches for 15 years. It took 10 years to figure out that the headaches were caused by my neck! It's called a cervicogenic headache, resulting from the cervical spine and pinched nerves. The headaches start small, usually on one side and spread up and over my eyes. I've been to the hospital several times for injections of a strong anti-inflammatory drug. I have a suspicion that many suffer from this type of headache. I take gabapentin as a pain preventative, and cyclobenzaprine as a muscle relaxer. I only take anti-inflammatory drugs if really needed with the others..

I have had a pituitary tumor removed and suffer with permanent migraine various visits to neurologist and drs did not help finally changed to a new endocrinologist jackpot injections of Sandostatin LAR helped for a short time migraines disappeared however medication lasted for shorter and shorter periods of time after a referral to Shands hospital wow an added dose of short acting Sandostatin 3 times a day wonderful I am finally in control of my own pain and can adjust the doses when I need to. Don't give up keep looking till you find a dr that actually listens to you and try and document symptoms when and where they begin and anything that sets it off the more info you have the better chance of getting someone to listen. .