Epidural Steroid Injection - Preparation

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Epidural Steroid Injection.
What did you do to prepare for your epidural steroid injection?

(Optional)

Published: December 12

I had pain in many places from June to October. I finally saw a pain specialist who recommended an epidural steroid injection. I followed the doctor's directions for preparation. The one thing I should have done is research. I had the injections in October and seemed fine for 2 days but on the third day I awoke to burning pain in my whole left leg and I couldn't stand on it or walk. I ended up in the hospital and then rehabilitation. They never could diagnose the leg pain though they suspected the steroid injection. The first real help I got was in rehab. They taught me how to walk with a walker, get in and out of bed, etc. The physical therapist answered my questions about how long this would last. He said it could be short term or last a year or never go away. I'm writing this now in December. I'm home but I can't do much of anything. I wish I had done some research..

Published: June 26

I had the epidural injection for a collapsed disc. I too screamed out in agony as the surgeon tried to locate the correct nerve root exiting the spine. It was the worst pain in my life and I wanted it to end. I'm at home now post operation 2 days, I get burning into my foot like it is on fire and walking with two sticks. I'm hoping this subsides over time..