Epidural Steroid Injection - Preparation

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Epidural Steroid Injection.
What did you do to prepare for your epidural steroid injection?

(Optional)

Published: June 26

I had the epidural injection for a collapsed disc. I too screamed out in agony as the surgeon tried to locate the correct nerve root exiting the spine. It was the worst pain in my life and I wanted it to end. I'm at home now post operation 2 days, I get burning into my foot like it is on fire and walking with two sticks. I'm hoping this subsides over time..

Published: December 27

I had an epidural steroid injection about 25 years ago and it was absolute torture. I screamed out in pain, couldn’t breathe, and passed out. I walked out a few hours later and the next day I couldn’t walk at all. I am sure I was hurt by the injection because I lost use of my bowels too and had to have immediate surgery. Of course no doctor would ever admit to making a mistake. I refuse injections, and my doctors get mad because I tell them offering an injection is not a treatment I am willing to risk my life for. Also, treatment option means choices, not one thing that I have had serious issues with. Doctors could care less about hurting patients so try to figure it out on your own..