Helicobacter Pylori - Tests and Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about H. pylori Infection (Helicobacter Pylori).
How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?

Published: June 22

In the beginning of March I started getting sick to my stomach. This progressed for about 3 or 4 days and at this point I developed severe pain in my left upper stomach. Nausea was extreme as well as pain, and I was in and out of the emergency room (ER) 4 times in about a week. Blood work was fine, they did scans with dye which showed no issues. After it peaked I slowly got better, but never really felt good again. Exactly 3 months later, exact same thing. I was in the ER Sunday night, and back and admitted into hospital for 6 days of pure misery. Last day there I was dry heaving really bad and had to be given pain medicines, etc., to finally stop. It started with a little twinge in my stomach, then I felt hungry even though I just ate. I previously had an endoscope done and it had come back positive for Helicobacter pylori bacteria. I did the treatment then but did it wrong due to not enough communication from my doctor. The stool test was positive still, so now I am redoing it and am hoping this never comes back, I just want to die when it is there. If it happens a third time somehow some way I will get into hospital and must figure out what it is. I hope it is this H. pylori bacteria as then I have a chance of it not happening again..

Severe stomach pains and nausea caused two trips to emergency room before a blood test diagnosis of H. Pylori. Took several days of antibiotic drug therapy with no relief causing more pain and nausea. I began researching h. pylori on the internet and also spoke with a local health food shop owner. She recommended I take an herbal supplement, Kroeger Herb, "Rascal," along with a natural digestive enzymes. I take Source Naturals', "Pancreatin 8X." There are similar ones available high in enzyme activity. Avoid low stomach acid. A change in diet is also necessary--no caffeine, chocolate, beef, pork, processed meats, salt, soft drink and dairy products. Recommended foods are fresh fruits (bananas, fresh pineapple, dried apricots top of list for eradicating h. pylori) and vegetables with broccoli, carrots, cabbage, red bell pepper, hot chili peppers, all beans, chicken, turkey and oily fish (no catfish). I have not had the stomach pain and nausea since beginning herbal drugs and a special diet over a month ago. Research tells me h. pylori although eliminated can return at any time. Right now I plan to keep on this path for at least another 2 - 3 weeks. .