Stool Color Changes - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Stool Color Changes.
What color is/was your stool? Please share your symptoms and experience.

Both my small dog and I had light and dark grey stools on the same day, my dog’s was almost white in one spot. The only thing that we both had together that day was cold water from a quart glass bottle right out of the refrigerator. This has never happened before. I do believe that the water may have been poisoned in some way by my caregiver, I really do not want to believe this but cannot explain this. I dumped all my bottled water and filled the bottles myself. I have no pain, however my stools are still dark grey..

I have not been well for a month; I had colon cancer in 2012. Now I have had no appetite. I have abdomen distention, nausea, and loose clay color stool, plus occult stool test is positive. I am due for CT scan of abdomen and pelvis. I lost 17 pounds this month. I wish it did not take so long to get diagnosed. They only mentioned it could be diverticulitis..