HbA1C Test - High Levels

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemoglobin A1c Test (HbA1c) .
Are the test results for your HbA1c levels high? If so, what things have been helpful in lowering your HbA1c blood levels and are they working?

(Optional)

I am 33 years old, I was diagnosed with diabetes 6 months ago with an HbA1c of 7 percent. I was overweight, so far I have managed to cut down 13 kg having observed my diet very keenly. I don’t eat white bread, white rice, refined maize floor, no cereals but eat only black peas which never spikes my sugar. I do exercise 30 minutes every day, take plenty of water, no sugars and I am not on any medication. My HbA1c is now at 5.9 percent, a great improvement, and I look forward to tightly controlling it..

I have type 2 diabetes, plus cholesterol, fatty liver, arthritis, and hiatal hernia, so I have to take lots of medications. Went from blood sugar in the 200s and 9 percent in my hemoglobin A1C to 120s and 6 percent in 4 months. I'm taking glipizide and metformin twice a day, eating as little carbohydrates as possible and dramatically smaller food portions (it's so hard!) and working out 5 days a week for 30 to 40 minutes. Metformin and walking every day didn't do anything; I had to do more. Doctors tell you you're ok if your HbA1c is under 7 percent, but it's not. Try to get as close to normal level as you can! No carbs, small portions, medicines, and as strenuous exercise as you can stand it. It is hard but it might extend your life and you'll feel better. Take care everybody!.