Hives - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hives and Angioedema.
How were your hives diagnosed?

(Optional)

I got my hives when I went for vacation. We went to the pool and I was not really responsible for that time when I realized I was actually still wearing my high knee sandals. Then a few days later after I was having reactions and I found out I had these allergies. It is large bumpy red on both the backs of my legs. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me this Lotriderm. Until now, almost a month, it hasn’t done anything and I stopped using it because I felt kind of burnt and it looks brown and rough. I am kind of worried about this situation..