Menopause - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Menopause (Symptoms, Remedies, and Treatment Medications).
Please share your experience with perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause.

I had breast cancer followed by removal of ovaries now am in surgical menopause and am having joint problems. I have shaky sickly pains in my chest, find it difficult to breathe and feel tired. I am feeling so bad, have done everything but am at the end of the tether. I’m so depressed..

I'm almost 46 and feel like I'm perimenopausal. My periods are erratic. I've gone from spotting to heavy bleeding for 3 weeks, then one week off now I'm spotting again. Sometimes I'm crampy and sometimes nothing. I've heard sage tea is good for symptoms so I've ordered some and hoping for some relief. I started to worry something was seriously wrong with me but after reading a few other posts it seems I'm not alone. I have a hard time sleeping at night so I've tried a small dose of melatonin 5 mg before bed and it helped. I just got married 2 months ago and having a period for weeks is really awful. Thank goodness my husband is patient..