Menopause - Hormone Therapy

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Menopause (Symptoms, Remedies, and Treatment Medications).
What hormone therapy combination therapies have you taken during perimenopause, menopause, or post menopause?

I am a 57 year old female, married, 4 grown children and one miscarriage. I started my periods at 11. My main symptoms have been hot flashes and night sweats. The night sweats were so continuous that I couldn't get any sleep and it started interfering with my work. I went to the gynecologist three years ago and my FSH was at 39 then and I was told 40 was the cutoff for menopause. However my body doesn't think so, at this time my periods are every 2 months even though I went for 7 months without one last year. I had a D and C in the doctor's office a year ago and that didn't help as far as I could tell. I was put on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) 3 years ago and it is the only way I can function. If I go off it, the hot flashes are back within a week and then the night sweats start within 2 weeks. I have had blood clots as a result of knee surgery 6 years ago and went through tests that determined I don't have a clotting disorder, so the gynecologist has let me stay on HRT, but not sure for how much longer. I do have vaginal dryness, lack of libido, and have gained some weight..

Published: December 21

I am in perimenopause and taking Zoely pills..