Torticollis - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Torticollis.
What was the cause of your torticollis?

(Optional)

Published: December 05

I was in a bad car smash nearly 3 years ago, and I spun around and slammed into another car. My neck was jarred and had to be cut out of my car. My head was ok till about 18 months ago, then my head started to tilt to the right and down. My doctor said nothing could be done about my torticollis because it's muscular, so I went to another general physician (GP) and got the same reply. Physiotherapy doesn't help. In the meantime my neck was getting worse, it was almost sitting on my shoulder. Eventually I found someone who is treating me with cupping and slowly my head is lifting up from my shoulder. Now my GP is going to send me to a specialist to have Botox..

Published: June 10

I got up with a very stiff neck and a week is gone and the pain is very bad. I just do not know the reason for my torticollis. Hope somebody can tell me what can be done..