Enlarged Prostate - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Enlarged Prostate.
What were the symptoms you experienced with an enlarged prostate?

I started having night sweat and minor high temperature a few months ago and continued to go to urinate and did not know what was wrong. I went to the doctor, he checked me up and the urine test came negative and PSA was 6.1. So I was treated for enlarged prostate with Flomax which did not work for me. After a few weeks I had painful ejaculations and pain in the prostate. I was diagnosed with prostatitis. I was on Cipro for 4 weeks and things are now improving. Keep your healthy diet, drink a lot of water, and make sure your rectum is clean with no hemorrhoids because this can enlarge your prostate..

I have experienced frequent urination problems for years. Recently, while driving in late January, I experienced a severe urge to urinate. I stopped to alleviate. I was only able to slowly urinate. About 15 to 30 minutes later I had the same problem. After small urination I felt relieved. I made it to where our daughter lives. I developed a 101 fever. Then I couldn't urinate, and went to the emergency room. They did bloodwork and inserted a catheter. I took Cipro and cephalexin and the infection cleared up. I went back to my urologist. I am taking tamsulosin and finasteride, and scheduled for surgery in April. I still have catheter. Infection is not due to urinary tract infection; possibly, infection in other parts of body or prostatitis..