Vision Correction Surgery - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vision Correction Surgery.
Did you have vision correction surgery? Tell us about your experience.

I was surprised that I had to do so much after-care such as drops and my eyes after LASIK surgery for vision correction. I have been very sensitive to pool and ocean water. I now have to put in eye drops at least 3 times a day which I did not have to prior to the surgery..

Published: December 04

I had Lasik surgery 20 years ago for vision correction. All went well. I had cataract surgery which worsened my distance vision one year ago. It is suggested I have PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) on the eye that has worsened to improve my distance vision..