Earwax Buildup and Blockage - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Earwax (Excess Buildup and Blockage).
Please share your experience with earwax buildup or blockage.

(Optional)

I suffered with poor hearing and general discomfort in my left ear for many years, probably going back to when I used to fly abroad a good deal. Nothing relieved the problem and I just got to the point where I accepted it. When a therapist friend suggested ear candles I just laughed, it seemed a ridiculous method. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong! They worked brilliantly and I have no more issues. I know when the wax has built up because I start to feel headachy and my hearing begins to fail. Of course you have to be sensible. I don't think it is something you can do by yourself and you do need a foil pie plate for protection but these are supplied in the pack with the good ear candles. I have no idea about the science behind their effectiveness, I can only tell you that they work. If anyone doubts this then they are welcome to check it out when I use them. The evidence of the amount of wax removed from my left ear and the lack of it in my right ear is very obvious!.