Brown Recluse Spider Bite - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Brown Recluse Spider Bite.
What was your experience with brown recluse spider bite?

(Optional)

I was bit by a brown recluse spider in 1999 I was 22. A few of us after work decided to get some drinks and food and the restaurant had tables outside where we sat at. Late evening I had my legs on another chair relaxing while waiting on other servers to finish closing. This is where the spider had to have gotten in contact with me (I was wearing shorts) and I believe this is where it crawled up to where the crease of your stomach is when you sit down and when I bent over or sat back down I was bitten. Upon arriving home I got in the shower and I scratched the area as well because it was itching. A few days to a week later I had gotten really sick and had noticed the mark on my stomach and made appointment to see the doctor the next day. Well, the doctor told me that I was bitten by a brown recluse and that my scratching my stomach helped get some of the sac off me but the doctor still had to scrape some of the poison out, for which he did have to cut me open and scrape the poison out. He finished scraping the venom out, then he stuffed about 3 feet of gauze in it and I believe about a week later I went back and he took the gauze out and said it has to heal from the inside out, so I had a nice size hole under my belly button until it healed..

I had a brown recluse spider bite when I was still in high school. So, back in the 19 hundreds. It had to be 1976ish. I still have a dime size tissue gone in my lower foreleg. The venom went into my blood stream and I had trouble breathing. I had to go to the emergency room because my Mom knew something was horribly wrong for me to miss school. I loved going to school. They didn't know what it was at first, as brown recluses were not known to live in Washington State. Well, they do!.