Jellyfish Sting - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Jellyfish Stings.
Tell us the symptoms you experienced from a jellyfish sting?

(Optional)

I was wade fishing in shorts in waist deep water and was stung numerous times by jelly fish. I immediately had the stinging burning pain but continued to fish. When I got back to the boat I had numerous welts and red markings. I thought everything was fine and healing then after 8 days the welts became worse with intense itching. Three days now and no relief..

Published: June 02

I experienced immediate stinging and burning pain from the jellyfish sting. Left foot was bright red, with a dark color around the spot stung. It looked like someone snapped me with a long rubber band. Lifeguard had me wash it off in the salt water, and never being stung before did not know for 2 days after that I still had stingers in my foot. My foot swelled and is still swollen not allowing me to put a shoe on after 5 days. I am currently taking Motrin, Keflex, and Benadryl..