Neuropathy - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Neuropathy.
Please describe your experience with neuropathy.

(Optional)

I had a benign tumor located inside my spinal cord at C6 C7. It was 2.5 cm long and was pressing on the spinal cord from the inside. That puppy had to come out. I discovered I had neuropathy when I woke up in intensive care and could not feel my feet but I could move them. This was 4 years ago. I experience both chronic pain and numbness from my nipples to my toes. Thank god it spared my arms. Two years later I had spinal cord fusion about 1.5 years after my tumor. It was a 2 day surgery involving a C6 laminectomy, C3-7 bone fusion, and tethered spinal cord issues. The 1st fusion failed and I had a second fusion done about 3 months later. I have to take the highest dosage of Lyrica and Cymbalta. I also have a pain pump installed in my abdomen pumping Prialta directly to my spinal cord. Unfortunately this still does not work after it has been running for 1.5 years. You have to find the right dosage before it will work. Otherwise I have to take high levels on opiates because my body is very tolerant of any and all painkillers. I am not addicted to anything, but my body can eat methadone and Dilaudid like it was candy. I was prescribed buprenorphine for the last year but had to stop last month because I am having left knee replacement in about 2 weeks..

I was diagnosed with myelofibrosis in January of 2017. I started chemotherapy in September. Since then I have an unsteady gait, drop things, but worst of all is the pain and numbness in my feet and legs. The neuropathy is not constant, but at night is keeps me up. I am taking gabapentin but am not sure how much good it is doing. This did not start until my second round of chemotherapy. I am worried what will happen when I start the third round. I am afraid to walk unassisted as I don't want to fall. That makes doing anything very difficult..