Neuropathy - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Neuropathy.
What were the symptoms of your neuropathy?

(Optional)

The neuropathy starts with the toes. All ten of them feel like they are broken. Then my feet are burning with pins and needles plus an occasional spike hammered in for the hell of it. Then the fire ants start on my legs. They march up each leg never stopping or even taking a break. When they reach my waist I have either to be asleep or taken an opiate pain pill because if neither of these things are happening, then I am screaming. I also have numbness from my nipples to my toes. Funny how you can be in so much pain but still be numb. I have to be careful in the shower. My lower back does not feel the heat from the water. I can also lose track of my feet so I am at high risk for falling. I also have what I call skin pressure pain. If I press against anything or if you squeeze my legs I will have a sharp pain at that point. It is kind of weird, first the pressure point pain, then the numbness below that, then the deeper nerve pain..

I have total pain in my feet, and legs; burning sensation, needles and all. I have diabetes under control, I cannot sleep at night, I have to constantly move my feet around. I am already taking gabapentin for my neuropathy and it does not help at all..