Abscess - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Abscess.
What treatment was effective for your abscess?

Occasionally I get abscesses between the scrotum and rectal area. Upon the first sign of stinging, I use iodine wipes to cleanse it and then a good sized dose of Neosporin ointment two or three times a day. Usually they will head up and pop on their own after a day. Re-treat it again and it's fine..

My son would get a recurring abscess on his leg. After the 3rd round of antibiotics we decided to try Nuvaderm liquid. I read that it kills staph infections. Best thing I ever did because the next time he had it I put this stuff on (exceeding the affected area) and the next morning it was gone! There really is no guidance on how long to treat so I kept applying it for the next 9 days. Honestly I wish I could tell everyone that suffers from these things to try this because it was a miracle for us..