Swollen Lymph Nodes - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Swollen Lymph Nodes.
What was the cause of your swollen lymph nodes?

(Optional)

I was in the hospital from August 22nd through August 29. After a few days the culture showed that I had an adenovirus and it was in my lungs and caused my lymph nodes in my lungs to swell. The doctor wanted to do a scope and biopsy, until we got the results back about the adenovirus. Never heard of such a virus before. In any case, I go in tomorrow for another chest CT scan and see the doctor very soon after. So we shall see. I hope everything has returned to normal size and the healing is done. I just don't want to hear the 'C' word..

I recently had the quadrivalent flu shot because I'm over 65 (67). There was normal stiffness in my left arm because of the shot, but nothing I couldn't handle. Two days later I noticed a lymph node just inside my clavicle area was swollen and very sore to the touch. It will be a week tomorrow, though the soreness is gone, the node is still a bit swollen. My doctor said the lymph node is doing its job and to give it a bit more time. Not sure if I should be worried or not..