Appendicitis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Appendicitis.
For appendicitis, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

I woke up at 1:30 in the morning with what felt like gas pains. I took some gas medicine and lay down with no relief. About a 1/2 hour later I threw up then took more gas relief since I still felt like I was having gas pains and thought I threw up the other pills. About 20 minutes later I threw up again and then took another gas relief pill. The pain was above my belly button had just got worse, it felt like a burning pain. I continued throwing up and around 3:40 started thinking it was more than gas, though research said pain would be lower if it was appendicitis. I woke my husband up at 4:00 to take me to the emergency room. Once there they put me on morphine drip and did an ultrasound. Ultrasound showed nothing so they had me start drinking bottles of water with dye in it to prepare for CT scan. I kept throwing that up but they did the CT scan anyway and right after that they said I had to have my appendix removed. After surgery my gut felt better but I had pain in my shoulders, upper rib, and neck area. Today is the next day and I'm still feeling the worst pain in the shoulder, upper rib, and neck area, but I know it'll get batter. I was told if I felt this pain it would be gas and I needed to move around. I'm trying to do that. Getting up from a sitting or lying position is the most painful..

I had pain under ribs and at back; turned out my appendix had ruptured causing an abscess the size of a large grapefruit next to my liver. By that time I had collapsed lung and pneumonia so they could not operate, but drained the abscess. There was also one attached to my stomach. A year later a very tiny appendix was removed, clearly the remainder of the appendix..