Colitis - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Colitis (Symptoms, Types, and Treatments).
What symptoms and signs did you experience with colitis?

(Optional)

Published: April 19

My mother-in-law is suffering from colitis. But the doctor has not told us which type this is. Symptoms are pain in the left side of stomach, and she is suffering from some digestive problems. There is not visible blood flow in stool. Sometimes she has constipation. She has diabetes and high cholesterol. Sometimes she cannot bear the pain..

Published: March 18

After two days of horrible pain and stools that was only blood I went to the emergency room. I spent 8 hours there and finally got diagnosed with colitis. I don't know where to go from here. I was put on two different antibiotics and am waiting to see my doctor..