Kidney Infection - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis).
What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?

(Optional)

I had frequent urination for about a month or so. I was starting to get worried because I was leaking all the time. I went to the medical center where my doctor is located. I did a urine sample and the doctor said there was blood and protein in my urine. He said I had either kidney stones or infection. I was sent for an x-ray and no stones were found. He put me on Macrobid and after a day my urination decreased. I starting to feel more alive..

I had nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, and the walls seemed like they were moving. At first, the doctor couldn't figure it out since my urine was clear. Later on, everything was negative except E.coli in the urine. He prescribed cephalexin four times a day, and put me on serious probiotics. I also drank kefir three times a day and used heating pad over my kidneys..