Appendicitis - Prognosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Appendicitis.
Did you experience any complications with your appendicitis?

(Optional)

I had pain in lower right stomach with nausea and after about 9 hours I could not move my right leg and started dragging it in order to keep the pain down. I went to the emergency room (ER) and had ultra sound and was diagnosed with appendicitis. I went for surgery for removal of my appendix and when I came out of surgery I had severe pain when trying to move. The doctor said I had a hematoma near my belly button. The surgery was done in 2004, it is now 2017, I have been back to the ER and diagnosed with appendicitis. CT scan found the stump was inflamed, the ER doctor told me they had called surgeon and he would remove the stump. After the surgeon arrived and found out he did the first surgery he refused to remove the stump. I was admitted to the hospital, put on IV antibiotics for 5 days, and sent home. I am now once again having symptoms and going to ER as soon as my husband comes home. I am in pain and need a surgeon to remove the stump. I shouldn't have to suffer with stump appendicitis for the rest of my life..

A little over a week ago I had my appendix removed. Even after I had a CAT scan and x-ray the appendix did not show any signs of being inflamed or swollen. This is because my appendix was tucked under my colon. So the doctors and nurses diagnosed my appendicitis by knowing that the area of my abdomen that was sensitive to touch was my appendix. For almost a year, leading up to the time of surgery I thought the elastic waistband of my brief was too tight. In other words I only had a dull ache on the right side of my waist that extended to my navel. When the doctor removed my appendix he saw that it was as big as an orange and told my wife when I was in my recovery room. When my wife told me this I couldn't believe it. Appendicitis can sneak up on you and before you know it this health situation could become a life or death situation. My dear wife has been extremely, supportive through all of this..