Trigeminal Neuralgia (Facial Nerve Pain) - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Trigeminal Neuralgia (Facial Nerve Pain).
What were the symptoms of your trigeminal neuralgia (facial nerve pain)?

(Optional)

Published: June 06

My pain started with a headache, which I thought at first was a migraine or sinusitis. Then the teeth started hurting, then the back of my neck. After a week the whole right side of my head was throbbing, and I had sharp shooting pains. I went to Urgent Care and after I told the doctor of my symptoms she said it probably was trigeminal neuralgia and I should probably see a neurologist. Luckily I am currently taking gabapentin so I bumped up the dosage to 2 3 times a day, and take either a Norco (7.5) or Fioricet. Needless to say as you all know the pain is terrible..

I suffered with trigeminal neuralgia years ago and took medication for it. It got better and I stopped medication. Recently I started having the shooting pain again on right side upper cheek. About 2 weeks ago my right eyelid swelled. I thought it was maybe allergy. After a couple days it was fine. Yesterday the same swelling reoccurred, this time with a little numb feeling and tingling in the upper left under brow of right eye..