Hemorrhoids - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemorrhoids.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your hemorrhoids?

(Optional)

I've had problems with hemorrhoids my whole adult life but it got really bad a few years ago. I've tried everything I could, everything! And nothing helped in the long run. I was so desperate I tried just one last thing I've seen online, before going to the doctor and stretching the sphincter. Yes, I was that desperate! But it has helped me so much that I've decided I have to tell people about it. It's been about 6 months now that I have no problems at all, no pain, no bleeding, I can sit all day long and the hemorrhoids have almost gone completely! It's amazing! I stretch it every day for a few minutes in the bathtub, before my shower, with a rubber glove on and some lubricant. I know most people won't try it but I hope to help those who are as desperate as I once was. Good luck to everyone and I hope you find what works for you!.

I have had an ongoing problem with an internal hemorrhoids for about 4 years. I could push it in and go about my business but it decided not to stay put any longer. I noticed I seemed to be blocked up (hitting a wall) while passing stools. I got the Preparation H suppositories and only used 3 (one for three days), and the problem got worse. I began to blow up on one side of my anus. I put Preparation H cream on it and hit the ceiling (washed it off). Then I put Vaseline on it and hit the ceiling (washed it off). I tried salt sitz, tried vinegar sitz, tried aloe vera plant, tried just warm water bath (the best). I was tired of all this bath taking and went to the doctor. I got it rubber-banded. Embarrassing, yes. But that it is gone and I can go to the bathroom again without the aid of a stool or without pain. So glad that is over now and I will be watching what I eat and drink (I hate drinking water but will now) from now on. Go to the doctor..