Dehydration (Adults) - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dehydration (Adults).
What were the symptoms of your dehydration?

(Optional)

Published: June 21

I woke up with a migraine headache! I started to feel dizzy, light-headed, and no strength in my legs and hands. I could feel my pulse in my ears. I feel nauseous with dry mouth. I am unable to swallow and my throat hurts. I am unable to stand without falling over. The back of my calves are cramping. I want to vomit but nothing comes out and I am lying here sweating, wishing this feeling would go away. I think it is dehydration..

I experienced lightheadedness after church. I drove a bit, pulled over and got a drink, and passed out. I woke, drank more water, and got home feeling very dizzy, spinning around. I couldn't walk into my home, falling several times, and I fell inside. My daughter found me very dizzy, room going all around, blood pressure wouldn't read. She got me to bed and gave a drink. We didn't know what was wrong till the morning, after looking at some of my notes from hospital visits before and saw I had these systems before when I had dehydration. Then I remembered for the past week my dry skin, tiredness, sleepiness and headaches all the time. I am very scared as I live alone. I always have water with me. I don't understand why this is happening..