Osteoporosis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Osteoporosis.
Please describe how you're treating your osteoporosis.

(Optional)

For osteoporosis I am working on strengthening my bones by doing weight walking with a weighted vest made for women. I am also eating a very clean diet, lots of greens, vitamin A, C, and B, all the vitamins. But I eat them in food as this way they are better absorbed by my body. And I am taking foods with vitamin K2 such as butter by Kerrygold from Ireland which is from grass fed cows and full of vitamin K2. So far my doctor said to keep it up. My bones are getting stronger and I feel stronger..

For a few years I had a spot right below my neck that was numb. Then later I started having pains in my shoulders that ran down my arms. Sleeping was terrible because I like to sleep on my side but it would wake me up and I could barely put my arms back down. X-rays showed degeneration in the discs of my neck. Then I started having pain so bad in my hips that it woke me up at night. I had a bone density scan which showed osteoporosis in my left hip, and the right is on its way. I have pain in my lower back that runs down my legs. It is miserable. I am on a weekly pill (alendronate), calcium, and vitamin D. The doctor said my spine looks good. I haven't had a good night's sleep in months and it's starting to wear me down. I even bought a new mattress that helps some..