Vertebral Compression Fracture - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vertebral Compression Fracture.
What treatment has been effective for your vertebral compression fracture?

(Optional)

I developed osteoporosis because I never followed my doctor’s advice regarding taking extra calcium and the weekly alendronic acid pill but I was never told that my spine could be affected! And as I already have painful back problems I would have taken the advice and medication. Anyway, I have now had three compression fractures which in the beginning (almost two years ago) was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life (fainted at one time). The pains were like electric shocks but gradually over the months decreased. I had to use two walking sticks for months then managed on one. I was never told not to do certain things such as housework and gardening. I asked if I should use my trolley for shopping and was told that it would be ok but getting on and off buses with the trolley is always a problem for my back. At the moment I am in terrible pain again and been indoors for four days. I stupidly used a hard bristle broom to brush leaves off the grass in my garden so obviously the twisting of my back has done it no good whatsoever. I am resting and using walking sticks to move around. I paid for two MRIs myself 18 months ago and have had another in August I have to wait until end November for the result. Because of the osteoporosis and vertebra fractures I have lost 3 inches in height. Medication I take for the pain are gabapentin, oxycodone, ibuprofen, paracetamol; Anadin Extra, and Co-dydramol, but of course, not all at the same time. Creams to rub in the painful areas don't do much good and I have tried Ibuleve, Voltaren, and Pernaton and have found that Pernaton is the best. I tried pain patches but they are too painful to remove!.

A year ago July 30, I fell down the stairs (14 steps) in my home. I had two significant injuries to my spine. A fracture of the C2 and compression fracture of the T12. I was in the hospital until August 4. I was in a back brace until late October and in a neck brace until November 22. I was fortunate that I did not have any paralysis and the spine itself was stable, thus no pain. I have experienced some right hip pain since returning to work..